Year 7 & 8 Scholastic Essay Presentation Evening
One of the many highlights of the spring term is the Year 7 & 8 Scholastic Essay Presentation Evening. Pupils on our challenge and extension programme were given the topic "Movement" in the autumn term to explore in a direction interested them before writing an essay and presenting a summary of their findings to parents and staff. This year pupils took their research in such diverse directions as
- The Armenian Genocide
- The Renaissance: Leonardo da Vinci’s Legacy,
- The Movement of the Horse in Art,
- How Human Movement is Controlled by the Brain,
- Deeds not Words, the Suffragette Movement
- The Spread of Plague in the 14th Century
as well as movement related to animals, humans, automobiles and travel.
Congratulations to all the pupils who took part especially for answering questions from the audience with such enthusiasm.