Autumn Term Art Gallery 2020
Pupils benefit from lessons with our specialist art teacher Mrs Thrower.
Projects in the gallery include:
- Year 3 'baked' a delightful range of Pop Art inspired cupcakes earlier this term.
- Year 4 have been learning about the Mayan people and their native style of weaving. Weaving can be tricky as it requires very good fine motor skills , patience and creativity. However, Year 4 embraced the project and made beautiful designs -each of them unique and with beautifully balanced colours.
- Year 5's LS Lowry inspired paintings seek to capture his distinctive style of painting of urban landscapes, often at night, complete with 'matchstick men and matchstick cats and dogs'.
- Year 6 have been focusing on portraiture this term and especially on the work of the Italian artist Amedeo Modigliani and the famous Mexican artist Frida Kahlo. They have learnt about the artists’ personal lives and how different dramatic events had influenced their work. We think they have managed to catch the unique styles of both artists.
- Year 6 have been designing and making their own Felt Monster toys in textiles lessons this term. They had to think about who their toys were aimed for and considered the differences between man made and natural materials as we all aim to embrace a more sustainable way of living.
Please click on an image to open as a slideshow.