Handover from the Sisters 1973-74
The Sisters of the Community of the Companions of Jesus the Good Shepherd founded St Gabriel's at Mill Hill, London in 1929. After evacuation to West Ogwell, in Devon, during the war, St Gabriel's moved to Ormonde House in Newbury with the Junior School at Donnington Square. The Senior School moved to Sandleford Priory after Easter in 1948 and the Junior School moved to Falkand, Wash Common in 1949. In 1973 it was announced the sisters would withdraw from running the school. This gallery includes NWN coverage of this change in 1973-1974.